Matt has been involved in athletics his whole life. He played soccer at a pretty high youth level, eventually being selected for the New Jersey Olympic Development Program, which helped him get recruited to play at East Stroudsburg University.
Matt was a four year member of the team, helping win multiple conference championships, and 4 NCAA appearances, including one trip to the Final Four.
After his playing career Matt was asked to serve as the Men’s Assistant Soccer Coach at East Stroudsburg University. During his time with ESU, he earned both his Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in Exercise Science. Matt has dabbled in all forms of exercise, including “body-building” type programs and has run several half-marathons and full-marathons. He has over 10 years experience in the fitness industry, receiving his first personal training certification when he was 18 years old, but things changed when he stumbled upon CrossFit in February of 2009. Since then, Matt has changed his entire training regimen and has never looked back. He believes CrossFit has brought his fitness to new levels, and has seen the same positive results for all his clients.
Matt is currently an Adjunct Professor at Montgomery County Community College in the Exercise Science and Wellness Department as well as the Head Women’s Soccer Coach at Bucks County Community College and lives in Newtown, PA.
- BS in Exercise Science – East Stroudsburg University
- MS in Exercise Science – East Stroudsburg University
- National Strength and Conditioning Association Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist and Certified Personal Trainer
- American College of Sports Medicine Health Specialist
- Functional Movement Systems Level 1 and Level 2
- USA Weightlifting Coach
- Precision Nutrition Level 1 Coach
- Totten Training Systems Advanced Olympic Weightlifting Coach
- CrossFit Level 2 Coach
- CrossFit Level 1 Coach
- CrossFit Endurance Certified
- CrossFit Football Certified
- CrossFit Gymnastics Certified
- Crossfit Olympic Lifting Certified
- 2011 Crossfit Games Regional Qualifier